Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

WE have a Yamaha P115 which is cutting in and out and

Customer Question
Hello. WE have a...

Hello. WE have a Yamaha P115 which is cutting in and out and sometimes turns completely off when it is being played vigorously. We've tried stabilizing it, stabilizing the power cord but to no effect. It doesn't seem to do it if playing it softly. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your P115? What have you tried so far?

Just got it used. At first it didn't happen. Started inthe last week and seems to be getting worse. It's on a stand so we put a thick board underneath in case the keyboard was juggling too much. We tried positioning the poswer cords different ways. We've tried playing it softly or with vigor.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Just discovered that the higher the volume is turned on the piano, the worse it is. However, this is very limiting, for obvious reasons.
1/7/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Yamaha keyboard question.

That is probably a heat-related circuitry or electronic chip breakdown phenomenon. Sometimes a chip in an electronic device behaves badly once it gets heated up, and having the volume up higher could bring this effect on either faster, or exasperate it.

It will need electronics repair for this sort of defect. If you would like to have it service-repaired, please tell me in Reply To Expert, where, roughly, you are located (e.g. your local zip code) so that I can list appropriate places to take it to in order to have it repaired.