Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

We need to know how to remove the pedals from my Baldwin…

Customer Question
We need to know...

We need to know how to remove the pedals from my Baldwin organ in order to paint the room.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Baldwin Studio II

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

We have tried pulling it straight out and also lifting it slightly from the pedal end. We did this at least once before a long time ago and were able to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

We are elderly so not very strong which may be part of the problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/6/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 7 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Baldwin certified technician. In answer to your question Baldwin had two different pedal systems over the years. If this is one of the older models you lift up at the front of the pedal board, Wher it mates with the organ and pull them back away from the console. If it is one of the later models you do the same thing except when you start back you need to disconnect a plug running from the pedals to the console. If the console is sitting on carpet you might have to rock the top of the organ back to allow enough room to remove the pedals.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anything else I can help you with?