Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Tascam X-9 digital DJ mixer that suddenly stopped…

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a Tascam X-9 digital DJ mixer that suddenly stopped working properly. As in, No audio coming from main outs, and only 1 channel receiving input. Also 3 of the cue buttons are stuck on, and none of the buttons, switches, or knobs work at all. Both digital displays read error 1.

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

Just last night. It sat on the shelf for over a year, but was working perfectly when I put it up.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

No. No output whatsoever

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, It's not your average DJ mixer, but I'm sure they know that..

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
If I turn it off and on a few times i can get error 2 to read in one of the digital displays.
Only channel 1 phono will receive audio input. The peak meter on channel two will mirror the meter on channel 1, dimly lit, as if there is some type of bleed happening between the two channels. No signal is making it thru to the master, as the meter remain dead, and the fader does nothing. Cue buttons for ch 1, 2, and master are stuck on. No buttons work at this time.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.