Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Is it possible to transfer sounds from GR50-01 Sound Library…

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to transfer sounds from GR50-01 Sound Library Card to GR59 unit

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Hi, it's on my guitar the unit is Roland GR 50 Guitar Synth

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

The unit is performing fine, it's just that I would like to transfer the data I have on the card to the unit instead of having to put the card in each time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/3/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do need an answer to my question.
I have a Roland GR-50 Guitar Syth unit, what I would like to know is how would I go about transferring data Rom from a (PN-GR50-01 sound library card) into my GR-50 Rack mount unit.
At the moment I have to keep the card in the unit. I want to install the information permanently into the unit then not have to keep using the card.Herman Marcic

Hi Herman,

You cannot transfer the information to the device. You need to use the card each time.

I'm a pensioner, I would like to talk to live but doing it this way has already cost me $51, I couldn't afford another 30 odd.
Hi Herman, You cannot transfer the information to the device. You need to use the card each time.
The reason I contacted you guys is a while ago I spoke to a bloke at a gig about this problem, he had the same unit and explained to me how he transfered the data permantLy but I wasn't really paying attention.

If you spoke to someone, unfortunately, it wasn't for our company but I do not see any previous question regarding this issue.

As I mentioned before I was talking to a guitarist at a gig who had the same unit, I asked him if he knew how to put the data from the PN-GR50-01 Card to the unit permanently, he said that he had downloaded/upload the information from the card to his unit and said it wasn't a problem.
He did explain how he did it but I wasn't really paying attention at the time that's why I contacted you guys hoping you can tell me how it's done.
Now you're telling me that it can't be done, I guess I should have paid more attention to the guitarist.So no your information has not helped me at all, I'm none the wiser on how I can download/upload the data.
You say it can't be done and the guitarist I spoke too explained how he did do it.
But I was not paying attention at the time.
So am I still going to be charged for the information that has not helped me at all in fact confused me more.I SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO HIM.Regards
Herman Marcic
Harry, Customer Service