Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I am new to this. Cannot figure out what the tuning value…

Customer Question
I am new to...

I am new to this. Cannot figure out what the tuning value should be for my ypt 200.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Yamaha pst-e203 ypt 200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your PST-E203? What have you tried so far?

Some of the mores sound off to me. Piano has been moved around the country a bit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the manual and read the info but knowing what the u

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/2/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 6 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello mt name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. If you want to check the tuning. Follow this procedure, when the unit is in correct tuning the display should read "000"

You can fine tune the pitch of the entire instrument. The overall tuning of

the instrument can be shifted up or down by a maximum of 100 cents in 1-

cent increments (100 cents = 1 semitone).

1

Press the [FUNCTION] button a number of times until “Tuning”

appears.

2

Use the number buttons [0]-[9], [+] and [-] to set the Tuning value

between -100 and +100 as required.

I already explained that I read the manual which you just quoted. How do I know what tuning value is required? Am I charged for every answer? If I call am I Charged?
How long will this take?

First of all no you are not charged for every answer. Second you did not say you had read the manual. Third go through the procedure shown and make the display show "000" that would be a-440 tuning which is standard.

The short answer is the value should read "000" for it to be in tune.