Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

This is in reference to a Roland M-GS64. With nothing

Customer Question
Dear Jaimzness, This is...

Dear Jaimzness, This is in reference to a Roland M-GS64. With nothing plugged in but the power, when trying to listen to anything through the headphone jack, I get a sound that sounds like a percussion with reverb. No matter what I do, the sound is the same. The only exception is the reverb which I can turn off. How bad is this? Dennis

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

It's been off-line for about a year. This happened when I turned it on for the first time after that.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

I'm only listening with the headphones.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/1/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

Harry, I have only reached out to Just Answer and paid for my subscription today. What made you think that I'm on the wrong site? Since you're a technician, did you understand my problem and are you familiar with the Roland M-GS64?

Yes, although you mentioned "Dear Jaimzness" which I was not sure who you were referring to

His was the name that showed up when I first made the inquiry.

How old is the unit?

I bought it used in 1997. S/N ZH72653
I live on the east coast and because of the time I'm going to shut down until morning.I'll pick up my messages then. Dennis
Harry, I'm back on-line.

Unfortunately, the instrument will need to be looked at in person.

What is your zip code?

16506

Please call:

World of Music

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

I will give them a call and report back.

OK thanks

Made the call and they do have a service tech for Roland equipment. I'll get it to them tomorrow. This may take several days, so I'll sign off and sign back in again when I know more.

OK thanks