Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Aux cord broke in unit. Yamaha Rex-v483. Tried to take front…

Customer Question
Aux cord broke in...

Aux cord broke in unit

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Yamaha Rex-v483

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your REX-V483? What have you tried so far?

Tried to take front cover off. Not able

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/31/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still need help. The connector broke off into the hub. Can it be remove. An special tools.

There isn't a special tool to remove it but it can be removed.

It might come out with pliers or it might need the whole unit to be opened up. If you cannot remove it with pliers then I would recommend someone locally.

How do you remove panel to get to auxiliary jack? I’ve removed all screws, unable to remove the panel to gain acces.

You should be able to remove it after you take apart everything but there isn't a manual on how to remove that part since it is not designed to be removed by a user.

I would suggest taking it into a local repair shop and see if they would be able to remove it for you.