Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

FA 08 has intermittent pitch problems. I have not noticed…

Customer Question
FA 08 has intermittent...

FA 08 has intermittent pitch problems. I have not noticed while using the pitch bend. While I was playing rhodes piano I noticed the pitch flux, a semit-tone or so

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Roland FA-08

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

2 weeks. When I use the pitch bend it acts normally. have owned about 3 years, goes on the road many weekends.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I Want to take it to repair shop but first have some idea what is going on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/29/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 7 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. I will try to help you today. Even though the "pitch bend" seems to be working that is normally where the problem is. The control gets Dirty, or louse, Terminals break. You see this with a unit that is moved around a lot. Do you use a hard case to move it, or a soft bag, or just carry it?

soft.
What part or parts do i order?
i did say the problem was intermittent.
I';m not calling answer here please.

With a soft bag that can be hit or damaged in moving the unit. There are several parts involved you are going to have to open it up and look for any physical damage first. Broken parts, broken frame. If it all looks tight and solid then you will probably need the control.

you say the pitch bend is usually the culprit, are there any other problems that could cause the same symptom?

Yes a cracked or fractured connection anywhere on the main board.

Is there anything else I can help you with?