Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

My Yamaha PSR e353 keyboard wont turn on... and I have no…

Customer Question
My Yamaha PSR e353...

My Yamaha PSR e353 keyboard wont turn on... and I have no idea why. What do you recommend in this case?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your Yamaha?

Hmm, probably a month ago!

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

I unfortunately dont...I try to use the AC adapter in another outlet but I feel the keyboard just seem to be dead?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I had my keyboard for two years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/29/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 4 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem but I will try to help. With the keyboard being completely dead and no meter to test anything, it is going to make this difficult to troubleshoot. We need to start by knowing if the power supply is putting out 12 volts to run the unit. We would then know if you need a new power supply or is there an internal problem. I guess my main question is do you want to attempt repairs or leave it to a technician?

jaimzness
jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer