Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Keyboad lid is stuck open on clavinova cvp 700 after moving…

Customer Question
Keyboad lid is stuck...

Keyboad lid is stuck open on clavinova cvp 700 after moving it. How do II fix this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Clavinova CVP700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

It's been stuck open since august. Just brought it home, Did a slight forward tilt but I have no seaworthy help here, its a heavy bugger

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

How does payment work?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/27/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 6 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is it the keyboard cover or the top lid that is stuck?

keyboard cover, it slipped open while moving and got stuck open because the only way to move the piano it is on its back. It's like a truncated baby grand.

Is it possible to attach a photo of its current position?

Is it extended the same amount on both sides, or are the sides not parallel?

If the sides have come out unevenly, you will need to carefully work each side a little bit at a time to get it evened up so that it moves smoothly again.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.