Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a YAMAHA RX-V481 5.1-Ch x 80 Watts Networking A/V…

Customer Question
I have a YAMAHA RX-V481...

I have a YAMAHA
RX-V481 5.1-Ch x 80 Watts Networking A/V Receiver. I like it very much but I need help with the settings as the sound seems high that is a lot of treble and not enough bass as the sounds from women and high voice men are had to understand,

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your RX-V481?

Not really a problem as I just got the system a few weeks ago and be experimenting with setting ever since.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

External speakers

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/22/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the brand and model number of your speakers?

Also, let me know what sources you have connected here (example: Cable box, DVD, etc.), and do ALL sources have the same thin presentation to the sound? How about the built in FM tuner (please try that as a test so we can confirm)?

definitive 5.1 very good speakers, L, R, C Sound sound R and L and subwoofer

Yes, I'm very familiar with Def Tech. Also, let me know what sources you have connected here (example: Cable box, DVD, etc.), and do ALL sources have the same thin presentation to the sound? How about the built in FM tuner (please try that as a test so we can confirm)?

would rather get some setting to try written down

You're replying to me here- I didn't send that phone call offer. The website sends all its offers automatically. Please X out of the offers and review my last two replies.

Connected to att U-verse box with a blue ray

Right, so what I'm asking is this: Is the sound the same both with Uverse and the Blu Ray? Question #2- Select the FM tuner- is the sound the same with that?

Blue ray sounds the same

Select the FM tuner- is the sound the same with that?

Fm never set up never put on the antenna

Okay, your Def Tech setup has a powered subwoofer- correct? Is that producing low frequencies and have you tried turning it up?

I have turned it up and worked the tune in setup

Also much of the speakers' sound has to do with the initial setup- and I'm not sure how you set that up. On the Yamaha you should select small for the main speakers, turn subwoofer ON and then run the speaker test and see if all speakers are playing and adjust levels as needed.

One problem is that it is in a large room at one end of a 35foot room
to all your setup questions

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to help you online with this. I would need to be there, so will opt out.

Thanks you are right I may need a visit from a tech
How do I get out of this without a monthly fee