Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a RX-V383 receiver, it has been working fine. The TV…

Customer Question
I have a RX-V383...

I have a RX-V383 receiver, it has been working fine. The TV is run thru the receiver and has picture but no sound. The screen shows STB Refsw Desi

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

The screen I am referring to is the indicator screen on the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

External speakers and I checked to make sure that they are connected. the problem started to day

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/21/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

If you connect headphones to the yamaha, do you et any sound there?

the headphone jack is too big for my headphones
I don't think that this is going to work. I need to go.
Thanks,

Most headphones come with an adapter, you can order one online or pick one up at any electronics store as well, they are a few dollars and it will be called a 1/4" headphone adapter.

Let me know how that works out when you have a chance please.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I resolved the problem. The speaker wires were disconnected from the unit. Probably by the cleaning woman.
It is all good. Please end this engagement.Thank you!

Great, glad to hear that it is back on track for you!

Happy New Year!

Nathan, Engineer