Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

How do I connect earphones to yamaha RX-V481 without muting…

Customer Question
How do I connect...

How do I connect earphones to yamaha RX-V481 without muting output

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your RX-V481? What have you tried so far?

Sorry not experiencing any problem other than wanting to know if I can use earphones without muting the audio

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 7 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha service technician. Here is the problem. The muting is done by a switch in the headphone jack. When you plug in the headphones it activates the switch and mutes the speakers. The only way to bypass this is to open the unit up and bypass that switch with a jumper wire.