Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have Sibellius trial version, because I want to see how…

Customer Question
I have Sibellius trial...

I have Sibellius trial version, because I want to see how easy is it to use and if my Finale files can be converted to Sibellious. What do you think, especially on the second part? Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Let me check. Give me a sec.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have MakeMusic Finale 2014.5. I have over 30 pieces written in Finale which I'd like to convert to Sibellius.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Besides attempting to do the conversion, I've also tried creating a score in Sibellius. I don't have a keyboard to do that, so I did it by inputting notes one at a time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/19/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Sibelius is very standard music software, quite an industry leader, and though its features may be a bit overwhelming to find one's way through, you can use it usefully if you're a little patient with finding functions for what you want to do - transposition of keys for instance.

Now, as to converting Finale files to Sibelius files... that depends greatly upon what version of Sibelius you have, but assuming it to be version 7 (the current version) you might try this:

1.- in Finale, save the music file as an XML (or MusicXML) type file.

2.- in Sibelius, that file can be read by opening it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.