Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have an old Yamaha CD player and receiver (RX E-200). Can…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Yamaha CD player and receiver (RX E-200). Can I add a second set of speakers, wirelessly, so that I can hear what's playing in another room?

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

CD player is CDC-E250 and receiver is RX-E200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

I'm not having a problem. Need help figuring out if, and how, I can add a second set of speakers, wirelessly, so that I can hear what's playing in another room.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/17/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately no, that would not be possible,

this is a very old and very basic model system that has no capacity for expansion, wired or otherwise.

There are no output ports that would facilitate connecting to another set of speakers. While you could possibly do this via the headphone jack, in doing so the main speakers would be muted, so you'd have one or the other, not both.

If you want a wireless system, there are several options however to replace the entire system, such as a Sonos or Heos system that you may want to consider that would allow you to place multiple wireless speakers throughout your home. I can recommend some options for that if you'd like (they do get rather costly though).

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.