Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

My husband bought me a yamaha av receiver for my stereo

Customer Question
My husband bought me...

My husband bought me a yamaha av receiver for my stereo system. Can I hook up a turntable and cassette deck in addition to the cd player?

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

I am looking for it.. one sec RX-

V383/HTR-3071

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

I received it a week ago. i hooked up the jacks and not sure what to use for the input settings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that "I can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/17/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yamaha RX-V383..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, on connecting:

• turntable - would need an add-on device similar to the products shown HERE;
  • cassette deck - yes using an RCA-to-RCA cable to either AV2 or AV3 red & white jacks of the Yamaha;
  • cd player - to either the OPTICAL or COAXIAL jacks of the Yamaha depending on the available output jacks of the CD player.
Louie, Technician