Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

We have a Yamaha disklavier DKC100R. Unit will not turn on.

Customer Question
We have a Yamaha...

We have a Yamaha disklavier DKC100R. Unit will not turn on. However I know there is power as

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your DISKLAVIER DKC100R?

We live in Florida and we’re last here eight months age. My wife said the green light light went on for a few seconds then went out. The white amp box underneath is getting power

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

No. How do I find the ac adapter?

Technician's Assistant: The Instrument Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Only how to get it working again!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Hello?
12/15/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does the green power light on the Disklavier come on again, even briefly, when you turn it On again after having it OFF for at least several minutes?

- if 'yes', but if it goes off again, then you have a long-term circuitry problem, either internal power supply failure or initialization-of-control-circuitry problem. Or detection of a fatal error condition such as a bad power supply or several other things, by the control circuitry.

- if 'no', then if it doesn't come on at all any more, you have problem that is getting worse, or involves something spontaneously burning out, possibly in the power supply... or if it comes on differently or not going out again, let me know, in case it signifies more than what I am sure of at this point... and I will advise you further in that case.

Now, it sounds as if it will need repairing. Disklavier equipment isn't serviced by many people any more, and if you are interested in options, please tell me where you are located in Florida, such as by local zip code or by town/city, and I will give you what recommendable listings I can find for professionals and companies that might repair this problem for you, in your region.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.