Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I just purchased a GR-55 Guitar Synth. The earphones are…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a GR-55 Guitar Synth. The earphones are only working in mono, no stereo. Is something wrong with the GR-55?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

***** ***** Igurtar.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

Just got the GR-55. Have tried different settings but I am not certain what things I should try to evaluate.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/14/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 8 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. Saying the headphones are only working in mono seems like a simple question but in order to troubleshoot the issue, I need some more information. First do you mean both earpieces are playing the same sound, or only one earpiece is working? Second the unit also has a "left" and "right" to feed an amplifier. Are you getting signal from both the "left" and "right" outputs and are they in stereo? Silly as this sounds make sure your headphones are the stereo type? Look at the connector. Does it have a "ring", "tip", and "sleeve" connections or is there only a "tip" and "sleeve"?

never mind I have resolved the issue