Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

When I connect my FD-8 HH controller to my SPD-20 (with pad…

Customer Question
When I connect my...

When I connect my FD-8 HH controller to my SPD-20 (with pad input 4 switch set to "HH Control", I get NO sound at all...I did notice that when I connect it, the readout on the SPD-20 says "FD-7"...

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

I haven't used either instrument for months, but need to trigger some sounds for an upcoming event...everything has been in storage at my home.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

Yes. Any other external pads, as well as the 8 pads on the SPD-20 are working...the only one not working is external input #4.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just trying to figure out why the FD-8 is not working with the SPD-20.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/9/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No thx, solved the problem.