Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have an older Yamaha disclaver piano from the 1980s. Even…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Yamaha disclaver piano from the 1980s. Even when I lower the volume to the lowest setting it is still too loud. Is there anything else I can do?

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your Yamaha?

It's always been that way

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

I don't use headphones or external speakers - just the original equipment

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
12/7/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That almost certainly is a matter of the MIDI File you are playing back being set to too loud a volume (and probably too loud an 'expression' also). There might also be a matter of setting the Midi file attribute for the keyboard/sound module volume.

You will need a MIDI File Editing tool to change such attributes. Some examples are

VELOSET

or the suite named Yamaha XG Works (which is available here

http://yamaha-xgworks.software.informer.com/4.0/ )

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.