Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Casio ap31 has power but no sound at all. When I first

Customer Question
Casio ap31 has power...

Casio ap31 has power but no sound at all

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

When I first obtained it

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

Neither

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I cleaned the brown grime off of the circuit boards and cleaned all key contacts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 1 day by:
11/26/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help please

How old is it?

From roughly 2003

Did you buy it used?

a few keys produced sound at first. Some with no velocity control. The metronome also worked for a little while but eventually everything stopped responding

Unfortunately, it sounds like you will need to find someone locally to come out and take a look at your piano to find out the exact issue with it.

Is it possible to salvage the digital midi output from the keys?
Unfortunately there is no one certified to repair Casio products in Hawaii so if I can salvage the weighted keys that would be more than enough for me

That is a great question and I am not sure of the answer to that one but Casio should be able to answer it for you if you call: 1-***-***-****

Already tried that, they aren't very interested in answering any types of creative rebuild questions
It's been hard to find someone to answer any of my questions in general

I am sorry to hear that -- I would try calling back and it could have been just the person that you spoke with.

I wish that was the case, I've spoken to roughly 15 people, it's crazy

That is unfortunate.

Have you called anyone locally?

Actually I spoke to every music store/repair on Oahu lol, no one was willing to help

Oh wow.

I am sorry to hear that because that is a bad sign if there are zero people that are able to help you locally or through Casio.

It's mostly because no one does musical instrument repairs on Oahu so everyone I spoke to on the phone had absolutely no idea what I was even talking about.

Yes, I understand and unfortunately, this is a niche market so you will need to keep searching for someone that can help you locally.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!