Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a Kurzweil PC 2X. No sound comes out of any audio

Customer Question
outputs. JA: What's the make/model of...
I have a Kurzweil PC 2X. No sound comes out of any audio outputs.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 20 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has not been used for about 10 years. I confirmed that the MIDI channels were functioning, and the outputs were assigned. I tried the headphone output as well.
JA: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all. Thank you!
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/21/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 25 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

• ...have you tried exercising, tapping or even cleaning the master volume slide control?
  • ...tried a RESET??
  • ...run the Diagnostics?
  • ...check/replaced the internal battery?
  • ...connected the Audio Out Left & Right jacks to an amplifier?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

jaimzness
jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer