Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have 412h-bk Bugera speaker and it stopped working. Is

Customer Question
there something I can check...
I have 412h-bk Bugera speaker and it stopped working. Is there something I can check myself before resorting to taking it to repair person. Fuse or something?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My son bought it used from guitar center so I don’t really know how old. It’s in perfect shape. 412h-bk
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We tried replacing cable from amp head to speaker but that’s all. We don’t know much about amps.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s really all I know. It doesn’t have a light or anything so I don’t really even know if it is turning on.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/18/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 24 days ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a certified technician. I​'m sorry you are having a problem with this speaker but it is fairly east to troubleshoot. There is no amplifier or fuse to go bad. So it depends on how much you want to do before you ask for help. First of all plug a cable into the jack in the back and at the other end of that cable touch a 9 volt battery off and on. You should here the speaker thump when you do. If you don't take the slide switch on the back and work it up and down around 20 times "to clean the switch" Then try the battery again. If it still does not work you will need to go inside the cabinet for ant further test. Once you get the cabinet open, then touch the 9 volt battery across each speaker contacts and again listen for a thump. ( no thump, that speaker is bad) If they all thump and the speaker still does not work, the problem is in the jacks or switching system on the back of the cabinet. Good luck.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 23 days ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Ron Winston
Ron Winston