Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

The cpu/scanner has failed on my DG100 and wondering if

Customer Question
The cpu/scanner has failed...

The cpu/scanner has failed on my DG100 and wondering if there is anyway to repair it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Baldwin Digital Piano DG100A/DVP50A. Not sure of the year, but probably 15 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We had someone come here in 2012 to look at it and he said the company GEM is no longer in business. They were the ones that made the electronic parts. He said it couldn't be fixed. I gave up on it but just thought I'd give one last ditch effort because otherwise we just need to get it out of the house. Depressing because it was really expensive.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/18/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 8 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Baldwin certified technician. The CPU on this unit can go bad from several things. One of them being the memory battery. It is mounted on the CPU board and will leak acid that destroys the traces on the board. That is where you need to start. If parts are needed. Baldwin is out of business but GEM is not (General Electro Music) They still have some parts left. You would need to contact them to see if they have the parts you need. Good Luck.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 7 months ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?