Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Looks like fuse is out. Its PMP2000. I tried replacing the…

Customer Question
Looks like fuse is...

Looks like fuse is out

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its PMP2000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried replacing the fuse but it doesnt stay

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Fuse goes off

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/16/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 9 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a certified technician. When you say "fuse goes off" do you mean it blows the new fuse? or is it not staying in the holder?

It blows the new fuse

OK when you put in a new fuse and try to turn it on. Do you hear any sound at all from the speaker, "pop" "hum" "thump"?

first heard some noise.. later no noice

OK here is where you are. If the fuse continues to blow there is a short somewhere in the unit that will have to be repaired. Normally it is either in the power supply or the amplifier. From past experience. If you hear no sound and the fuse blows it is in the power supply. If you hear a burst of noise, a pop, a hum, or any sound at all the short is in the power amplifier area. Normally in one of these units you do not troubleshoot to component level you replace the module that is bad.

Is there anything else I can help you with?