Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have Roland SP-540V. It stopped in the middle of printing.

Customer Question
I have Roland SP-540V...

I have Roland SP-540V. It stopped in the middle of printing. Message says:

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

1/2/3/4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened. I don't know what to try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

It's 10 years old

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/16/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That stopping and that message means, replace the ink cartridges. The numbers refer to the ink cartridge numbers.

If the numbers on the screen have a solid square after them... the cartridge # in question is fine. If a number on the screen has an underline or _ after it, that cartridge # needs replacing.

Do not ignore this message... replacing ink as specified is necessary for continued breakage-free operation.

No button needs to be pressed after that - replacing the cartridges will get the printer working again, simply.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.