Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I've bought a second hand XC-540. Serial number ZX96193.

I've bought a second...

I've bought a second hand XC-540. Serial number ZX96193. I've installed new print heads and dampers. I am in FNQ so there are no service centres here. Do I need to install all 12 inks or only 8? I have tried with 6 but the machine beeps and cleans. Do I need to clean heads with 8 cleaning cartridges or only 4?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's an XC-540, I don't know how old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just finished yesterday. I can't get to "menu".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

When screwing in heads I stripped one and lost one. When it is plugged in there is a motor going somewhere. (maybe the pump with no ink) so I have to switch it off at the main switch.

It's a printer cutter, not a musical instrument.
11/14/2017
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

All 12 inks must be installed otherwise the printer will not work.

You will also need to clean all heads.

You can perform a manual clean if you are having blockage problems - see page 68 onwards in the user manual:

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/documents/departments/technical%20services/manuals%20and%20guides/xc-540%20user%20manual.pdf

Thanks Pete
I thought as much.
I’ve got a way to go yet.
Warm regards
Vincent

You are welcome :)
Best regards,

Pete.

ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer