Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I just got my Roland VR-09 keyboard and I connected my

I just got my...

I just got my Roland VR-09 keyboard and I connected my sustain pedal in the damper pedal jack. I can't get it to just work like a sustain pedal when I press it down. It holds on to the notes I played after I let up on the pedal. I went into the menu>settings>PK and tried the different options but can't get it to just act like a sustain pedal on a regular piano.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Roland VR-09 combo keyboard/organ

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just got the keyboard this past Wednesday. I have gone into > menu> settings> PK and tried the different options but can't make it work like a regular sustain pedal.

10/20/2017
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland certified technician. Just a couple of questions. First Is the damper pedal come with the keyboard and is it a Roland pedal or something you already had. Second when you hit the keys and continue to play, if you then unplug the pedal to the notes still continue to play or do they then fade out?

The pedal is something I already had and I used it with my Yamaha portable grand keyboard. 2. Yes, if I unplug the pedal the notes stop. It's the only way I can get the notes to stop.
to get another response I have to pay another $26.?

No you do not have to pay another $25.00. The pedals that are used on the keyboards are made two ways. One with the switch in the pedal on all the time and when you push it it turns off. The other is the reverse of that. It sounds like you have the wrong pedal configuration for the Roland.

do I need to get another pedal for this keyboard?

That is what it looks kike.

Okay, thanks.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know.

Ron Winston
Ron Winston
Ron Winston