Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Tascam GA-30CD guitar amp. Tascam GA-30CD guitar amp, guitar…

Tascam GA-30CD guitar amp ...

Tascam GA-30CD guitar amp

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Tascam GA-30CD guitar amp , guitar input jack broke, I can solder but wondering how hard it will be to access it when I take it apart ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The ***** *****terally broke off & I/4" plug can't be installed. It has to be replaced.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Once I open it up, how easy will it be to remove circuit board to remove & replace the 1/4" jack ?

10/20/2017
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The jack is straightfoward to access internally, you just need to desolder the wires from the old jack and unscrew the retaining nut, then fit the new jack.

ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
You were Very helpful, Thanks Pete
Not happy about Tascam charging me to ask a question.

Glad to be of assistance.

Have a good day,

Pete.