Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I can’t get the sound to come out. It’s a YPG-235, I

Customer Question
I can’t get the...

I can’t get the sound to come out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It’s a YPG-235, I received it for Christmas last year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I’ve tried a hard reset (power on while holding the highest note) I’ve double and triple checked the headphone jack to make sure it’s clean and clear, and it doesn’t work with or without the headphones in. The screen lights up and recognizes that the notes are being played, it appears from that point to be functioning, but not the speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thank uou

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
10/15/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

With the headphone jack occupied by headphone or earphone, the headphones at least should produce sound.

Either the Volume is at minimum, or the audio amplifier output is disabled, in that case.

So: make sure the Yamaha keyboard is not in MIDI Mode nor in MIDI Out mode, which might disable the sound output through normal channels (speaker or headphone/earphone set.)

After that... what is your local zip code, please?

The volume is for sure all the way up, I’ve turned it up and down multiple times to be sure nothing was jammed.The headphones do not function in the jack.My zip code is 54143.How do I go about making sure it’s not in MIDI mode, or MIDI Out mode?

I guess if you did a RESET of it, then it's out of MIDI Mode - sorry I didn't think of that already, it's getting late in the day for me.

As for your zip code - your keyboard will need repair, beyond a doubt, for what would seem an audio circuitry or audio amplifier defect. Or possibly the sound generator ship has gone bad... it's hard to be sure. But something seriously wrong in the electronics, most likely.

So your nearest Yamaha repair place, appropriate to your keyboard, is here:

Dennis Mullen Technical Services

*****/p>

Green Bay, WI 54303

Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

I hope they can help you with this problem. Who knows, what with the keyboard being this new, it might even be covered by warranty - be sure to ask about that when you contact them.

If you have more questions, let me know.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Service Tech