Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Can't get the display to work. Only horizontal lines to the…

Customer Question
Can't get the display...

Can't get the display to work. Only horizontal lines to the right side.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is A DGX-530 YPG-535 about 8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been "going on" for about 4 years and not used except for simple piano. This happened when the instrument was moved from one location to another. Worked fine until then.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I'm in a different location from the Yamaha. Should I be where it is and pick this up there?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
10/4/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 10 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. Does the voicing and keys work ok? Is it just the display that is out?