Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I want to upgrade from Sibelius 6 to Sibelius 7. My Sibelius…

Customer Question
I want to upgrade...

I want to upgrade from Sibelius 6 to Sibelius 7

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My Sibelius 6 is located currently Mac O X 10.6.8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought a new imac macOS Sierra Version 10.12.8

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Just getting started-how to do it? Can I down load 7 to both computers?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
10/2/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 10 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can install and register Sibelius on two computers, so on your second computer you can simply install and run Sibelius, enter your Sibelius serial number and register online.

If your new computer is replacing an old computer, be sure to unregister Sibelius from the old computer first. You do this by opening Sibelius on the old computer and going to the Help menu and choosing Unregister Sibelius. That will free up a licence and allow Sibelius to be registered on your new computer.

You can see the various upgrade options available at:

http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/upgrades.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------