Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have three Teac 3340s from a lot of years ago. all three…

Customer Question
I have three Teac...

I have three Teac 3340s from a lot of years ago. all three were working fine. They were playing a recording without any problems. Then I might have made a mistake and over demagnetized the heads. Now, they will still play; but when I go to record something, it always comes out very low.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Very old- Teac 3340s reel to reel tape recorders. I have three of them.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have been trouble shooting this problem for well over a year now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried everything.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/26/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, "...record something, it always comes out very low..." record what please? ....from what source?
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.