Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Clavinova CVP 900. 3 yrs ago the electrical cable…

Customer Question
I have a Clavinova...

I have a Clavinova CVP 900. 3 yrs ago the electrical cable shorted. Some repair work was done, however, starting it up became a problem. So I let t it on. As a the computer screen burned out. I've been starting it by pumping the power button 2 to 3 times to get it started. This is beginning to not work well. I can't reach a local technical here in Columbus OH and I'm afraid I'll use the use of this $10,00 instrument.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought the Yamaha CVP 900 Clavinova in 2004.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 years. The instrument's leg was set on the electric power cable and part of it was squashed. when the piano was moved the piano still started. THEN IT Became difficult to start. I sent it to Odell electric here in Columbus. I think they replaced the starter electrical module. This worked OK for a few months, Then starting became a problem. So I left it on for fear that I couldn't start it. Thena local Yamaha technical (his phone line is now not in service) told me that if I pressed the power button 2 or 3 times the solenoids would warm up and start. This has worked for about 9 months Now it is more difficult to start. The computer window is also now blank.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/23/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Kraig, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good morning.

I see that you have gone through a lot with your piano repairs over time.

There may be other authorized Yamaha service centers in or near your zip code. Click here to locate them. Under "Please select a product category below", select Pianos. On next page, select Digital Pianos. On next page, select Clavinova. Then enter your zip code and click the search icon. You can also click the Use my current location button to automatically use your present location.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically. If you are unsure of how to rate my answer, please click here to see how to do it.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.