Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a didgitech vocalist live 5. i am not getting any…

Customer Question
I have a didgitech...

I have a didgitech vocalist live 5. i am not getting any signal in the unit itself. all lights are on, footswitches engage, but there is no signal either from my guitar or mic. all patch cords have been tested in the signal chain and independantly with my PA

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Digitech vocalist live 5 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its been in storage for the last month, and has not been dropped, smashed or abused in any way. i brought it out today, so this is the first time it hasnt worked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I have factory reset, and checked all cables independantly of the unit itself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 6 days by:
9/26/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

To perform a Factory Reset procedure

1. If you are editing a preset, press the Up or Down footswitch to exit edit mode.

2. Press and hold the Major/Minor button and then press and release the Store button. The display will read FAC RESET- WILL ERASE ALL YOUR PRESETS... , then STORE=RST.

3. Press the Store button again to continue with the factory reset. If you don’t want to do the factory reset, just wait 5 seconds, or press almost any other button, to cancel.