Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

My Roland 700 Srx expanded when played sounds like a

Customer Question
My Roland 700 Srx expanded...
My Roland 700 Srx expanded when played sounds like a blown interior speaker. No matter if it's connected to a speaker or sound system is has that scratchy blown speaker sound . Is this something that can be fixed? Otherwise it is great.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roland 700 Rd - srx-02 Expanded it's probably 10-12 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Haven't tried anything and it just started very loud on the low tones but have noticed it has had some of this sound for probably a year it's just louder now. I've had it packed in a case for 6plus months until today
JA: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/17/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 3 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 2 months ago

This can happen if the sensor contacts below the keys get dirty.

The keyboard will need to be disassembled and cleaned.

You can attempt this yourself, or you can have it done professionally by a repair tech.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer