Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Hammond two-keyboard spinet with tubes. It's @55…

Customer Question
I have a Hammond...

I have a Hammond two-keyboard spinet with tubes. It's @55 years old. It hasn't been used in several years and no longer turns on. Is there a tech in the western Massachusetts area?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

TV?? It's an organ...Hammond...no idea of its model number. It has a double keyboard and a single set of pedals, not attached to the bench. It's @55 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I really haven't attempted to trouble shoot. I had it service several years ago (perhaps @12 years ago) by a repairman who came from Vermont. He was quite elderly at the time...I assume he's no longer servicing these units. I suspect the organ needs an overhaul and probably some new tubes. I just need a serviceman if there is one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for this?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Instrument Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What are the chances your tech can connect me to a relatively local repairman? (I suspect small....)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/16/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 8 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There isn't anyone in the western area.

However there is a service available in the Worcester area:

BC Organ Service

Music Towne

***** Worcester, MA 01605

Phone: (###) ###-####br />Toll-Free: 1-***-***-****

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

The toll-free number is ***** longer in service. I called and left my name and number with "Bill" at BC Organ Service yesterday morning. I haven't received a call back.

If you still haven't heard back you can email Bill using the contact form at:

http://bcorganandservice.com/contact.php

Thanks...hopefully he'll respond.

Ok, let me know if you need anything else at all :)

Please also take a moment to rate my service when you are don..

Thanks!
Pete.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer