Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Kawai PN81 --we moved and it no longer turns on. I…

Customer Question
I have a Kawai...

I have a Kawai PN81 --we moved and it no longer turns on. I checked outlets and made sure the adapter was pushed in snugly. The red light doesn't come on, nothing responds when the power button is turned on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's not a TV, it's an electric piano, and I gave you the make and model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Gosh are you a machine?

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Instrument Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to say.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/11/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above "...xxx..."

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Note: We moved about five miles away to a new apartment. But the movers were one of the best in the area and took a lot of care for our things. Still moving things can jar things loose, I guess.I checked that other things plugged into the outlet that I used operated ok. They did.I pushed on the adapter connection a little to make sure it was securely engaged.I didn't know what else to try.

I understand.

The only easy doable try is to determine if the AC wall adapter is putting out power; i.e. 12V DC. And this can only be done with the use of a volt/multi-meter.

Do you have access to a multi-meter?

Maybe if I go to the hardware store someone at the hardware store will show me a meter like that and maybe will even help me do that. It might take about 12 hours though. Is that OK?
Can I call you back within 12 hours and give you the answer to this?

Yes please; an update when conveniently able.