ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Just bought used GR-33 earlier today and it seemed fine

just bought used GR-33 earlier today and it seemed fine until now- it seems to be stuck on the wha-sound- I tried the factory re-set but nothing changed
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roland Gr-33 guitar synth- dont know how old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried the factory reset after pushing on the wah selector that doesnt respond
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If a factory reset did not work then the wah selector may be stuck on - it will need to be physically released and oiled to prevent it sticking again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont think the wah selector is physically stuck- if it is stuck it is internal or in the circuit- are you familiar with the device I am requesting info on?

Yes I am familiar with the GR-33.

If it is stuck on, it will be stuck electronically.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok if it is stuck electronically- can it be fixed without sending it to Roland?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
basically I got "conned" by a craig list seller- the unit worked for about 10 minutes ( long enough to see that it was working) and then went into the wah mode once I got home and tried to use it further

The unit may have other unknown problems if that is the case.

What payment method did you use with the Craigslist seller?

Is it possible to cancel it or get it reversed?

If it is just the wah that is stuck internally then a local electronics repair shop may be able to fix it for you.