Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

The keys are sticking...I have a digital Kawaii,

Customer Question
Hi...the keys are sticking...I...

Hi...the keys are sticking...I have a digital Kawaii

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Kawaii...classic series CS10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

I just started noticing it about a week ago...I haven't tried anything yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?

No...that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
8/6/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 6 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Over time, dirt and grime will build up around the keys and cause them to stick.

You can try blowing compressed air around the keys and that sometimes helps, however for best results you should have the keyboard completely cleaned by having it disassembled by a technician so that the underside of the keys can be cleaned as well.

This is a common service that usually carried out every few years.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer