Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

My yamaha psr 6 keyboard is acting weird not sure how to…

Customer Question
My yamaha psr 6...

My yamaha psr 6 keyboard is acting weird not sure how to make it to default mode any help

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

Psr 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

From yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 1 year ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. It sounds like you want to do a factory reset and bring the unit back to the default settings. This is how you do it..

1) Turn OFF the keyboard.

2) Press and hold down the rightmost white key (C) while turning ON the keyboard.

3) Once the power is ON, release the key. The keyboard will reinitialize to the original factory settings.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I wanted to see if you tried the reset and did it do what you wanted ?