Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a Korg Havian 30 that I bought a few months ago for…

Customer Question
I have a Korg...

I have a Korg Havian 30 that I bought a few months ago for my grandchildren that are 4 and 6 years old. I am 73 and have Pancreatic Cancer so it won't be too long before I cross over. I bought this keyboard because it has so many bells and whistles that I thought they could use for the next 20 years. I am not a pianist, but I thought I'd start exploring the different functions. I tried the Chord Sequencer step by step and it just won't record. There is no red flashing icon that shows I'm recording. What am I doing wrong? Is there some way to reset the the piano to Factory specs and parameters?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Korg Havian 30

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

I tried using the Chord Sequence function for the first time 3 days ago. The manual says to press the START/STOP button and press the CHORD SEQUENCER / RECORD buttons together and then play my chord progression.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?

How do I get my money back? :)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
8/3/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 6 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can reset the Havian 30 using the Media > Utility > Factory Restore command.

If that doesn't work and it still won't record then the keyboard may have a fault and you should contact the retailer to arrange a repair or exchange.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer