ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Korg Havian 30 that I bought a few months ago for

Customer Question

I have a Korg Havian 30 that I bought a few months ago for my grandchildren that are 4 and 6 years old. I am 73 and have Pancreatic Cancer so it won't be too long before I cross over. I bought this keyboard because it has so many bells and whistles that I thought they could use for the next 20 years. I am not a pianist, but I thought I'd start exploring the different functions. I tried the Chord Sequencer step by step and it just won't record. There is no red flashing icon that shows I'm recording. What am I doing wrong? Is there some way to reset the the piano to Factory specs and parameters?
JA: What's the brand and model of your instrument?
Customer: Korg Havian 30
JA: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried using the Chord Sequence function for the first time 3 days ago. The manual says to press the START/STOP button and press the CHORD SEQUENCER / RECORD buttons together and then play my chord progression.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get my money back? :)
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

You can reset the Havian 30 using the Media > Utility > Factory Restore command.

If that doesn't work and it still won't record then the keyboard may have a fault and you should contact the retailer to arrange a repair or exchange.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------