Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Rusty, I have a Roland hp 2700 and there are a few keys that…

Customer Question
Hi there Rusty, I have...
Hi there Rusty, I have a Roland hp 2700 and there are a few keys that sound fuzzy (like a blown speaker) when the volume is up. I have to turn the volume half way for the fuzz to go away. This happens only to a about four keys all in different areas of the keyboard. Your advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks and kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
8/1/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The first advice I have is, to take an air compressor, like one for inflating tires (a powered bicycle air compressor is ideal, but you can use an automotive air compressor if you go easy with it), and hold down the keys adjacent to the afflicted key, and spray lots of air into the cracks on either side of the affected key. Often that is all the treatment that this sort of problem needs... if that, being done, does not cure it, let me know by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you as to what the next thing to try is.

Before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thanks!