How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 11207
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rusty, I have a Roland hp 2700 and there are a few keys that

Customer Question

Hi there Rusty, I have a Roland hp 2700 and there are a few keys that sound fuzzy (like a blown speaker) when the volume is up. I have to turn the volume half way for the fuzz to go away. This happens only to a about four keys all in different areas of the keyboard. Your advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks and kind regards
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The first advice I have is, to take an air compressor, like one for inflating tires (a powered bicycle air compressor is ideal, but you can use an automotive air compressor if you go easy with it), and hold down the keys adjacent to the afflicted key, and spray lots of air into the cracks on either side of the affected key. Often that is all the treatment that this sort of problem needs... if that, being done, does not cure it, let me know by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you as to what the next thing to try is.

Before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thanks!