Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a roland versacamm sp 300 while moving we droped it…

Customer Question
I have a roland...

I have a roland versacamm sp 300 while moving we droped it on the corner of button panel and now will not power on

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your instrument?

Befor i moved it

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

The printer is at another place

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
7/30/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 1 year ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Do you plan on carrying out the repairs yourself?

Do you have access to a voltmeter to troubleshoot and test the voltages?

If so, use the voltmeter to check the input voltage, then trace it along to find out where it stops - this will indicate where the fault lies and what part needs to be replaced.

If you are unable to carry out these checks yourself, let me know your zip code and I can advise on a repairer in your area.