ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We recently moved to western Colorado from Ohio. When I

Customer Question

We recently moved to western Colorado from Ohio. When I plugged in and turned on my 1987 Ensemble Grand Piano I could tell it was getting power by a slight noise--probably speaker noise, but the display was very faint and not whole characters were even visible. Plug on power cord was pushed in all the way. No keys produced sound no matter what settings were pressed. Volume control was all the way on. Voltage setting was correct. I have never had any trouble with it since I got it in 1987.
JA: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?
Customer: The first time I turned it on after it was moved into our new house.
JA: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?
Customer: I tried headphones--no sound through headphones. I didn't try external speakers, but the built in speakers sounded as if they had power put no sound when keys are pressed.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to carry out some troubleshooting checks or are you looking for a repairer in your area?