You can use the following instructions to connect your Roland to an iPad:
1) Plug a WNA-1100RL USB adapter into your piano
2) Enter Function mode by pressing the [Metronome] button and the [Split] button at the same time.
3) Scroll through the parameters, using the arrows, until you see "F14" on the screen, and press the [Play/stop] button
4) Notice "sur" on the screen, and press the [Play/stop] button once again to execute.
5) Go back to function mode by pressing the [metronome] button and the [split] button at the same time.
6) Scroll to "F15" and press the [play/stop] to enter
7) 3 digits will show on the screen. To these 3 digits, add "00" to the beginning to create your 5 number ad-hoc key.*
*For example, if the screen shows “555”, your ad-hoc key will be: “00555”
8) Go into the settings menu on your iOS device that you want to connect, and choose the Wifi settings. Next, locate and select the "RP-400" network. Enter the 5 digit ad-hoc key (from step 7) as the password ***** the network.
9) Pull up the Roland app you would like to use, press "Connect Instrument", and select your piano. You should be wirelessly connected and good to go!
10) When you want to end the connection, restore the iPad settings to their previous state.
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.