Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

My Yamaha HTR 6180 Reciever does not work with my apple tV

Customer Question
box JA: What's the make and...
My Yamaha HTR 6180 Reciever does not work with my apple tV box
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: brand new LG TV and New Apple 4G box
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing really, just plugged it in and no video
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know if the reciever has the capability
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/7/2017
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
49UH6100
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LG TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't matter what tv. Why won't the receiver send the signal thru ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The receiver has HDMI capability.

Do you have the issue with any other device (passing hdmi through the yamaha) such as cable/satellite, dvd, etc?

Do you have hdmi out from the yamaha to the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have my satellite going thru on the DTV circuit so I put the Apple TV box on the DVR but theres nothing happening
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will the TV not like the fact that the Reciever only has one output so the TV will have to bring in both the satellite signal and the internet on the same input ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
never mind I got it working !! I was wrong, the TV does matter. I tried it on my old Samsung and just switched to the new LG and never tried it till now but it works !! Thanks for giving me the idea !!

No that shouldn't matter, if satellite is working via hdmi (passed through the yamaha) then your connections are fine.

There are some things we could do to make it work. it is most likely a resolution issue with the new 4k tv though

Sorry messages are a little slow on here,

so it is all working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all good thanks !

Great, glad it is working for you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer