jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

Happy New New Year. 17 year old - 2 manual, this is the

Customer Question

Hi. Happy New New Year. 17 year old Allen - 2 manual
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: this is the problem. Replaced the battery. After replacement, the cancel button now deploys all the stops across the board. Also all of the pedal ( cresc, great and swell) lights come on including tutti 1 and 2. there is no warning or alerts when turning the organ on initially. What could be the problem?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started this past Monday. I have been sitting on this instrument for the past two onths and there has been no issue. Brought in an allen Tech to have a once over for the new year. He replaced the battery since it was 8 years old. Then then instrument seemed to throw a technical hissy fit.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible that there was a loose connection somewhere like in the ribbons that could be replaced? Or perhaps there is something in the computer board. the old board was taken out and a new one put in, but to no avail. then the old board was put back in and the instrument worked just fine. Really weird.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a certified organ technician. Before I try to answer your questions I have a few of my own. First what model Allen is it. MOS 1, Mos 2, Madc, ADC, ect? Second Is it working ok now? And did it throw its "hissy fit" while the technician was there, and what did he tell you?