Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Clavinova, high G up Piano and other instruments are dead.

Customer Question

Clavinova, high G up Piano and other instruments are dead. Alos mega bass?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Can you tell me more? I'd care to hear about it. What I ask is, to know what model the Clavinova is, how old it is and/or what condition it has been in, in general.

Are any keys not playing on the keyboard? if so, are there a group of them, or a whole range, or just one or two here and there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
UPPER FOUR KEYS NO SOUND / G / G# ***** A / A # B / C / ALSO MEGA BASS CUTS OUTMODEL 309 BOUGHT NEW ABOUT EIGHT YEARS AGO

OK.

When a group of keys is out of order, keys that are adjacent to each other, then it may well be an internal defect, not remediable by cleaning.

However, it is worth a try, often, to use an air compressor, of the type used to inflate tires, to blow air between the affected keys, and into the cracks between them when one is depressed adjacent to the affected keys.

This often gets the keys working again - though as I said, where groups of keys gone dead are concerned, the problem is likely one that requires the replacement of parts or circuitry repair, etc.

Would you wish, once blowing air into the keys has been tried, to engage Yamaha repair to fix this problem? if so, please give me your zip code, or town/city and state, so that I may list for you, local Yamaha-Authorized repair shops that you could call on to fix this problem with your Clavinova 309.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Provide a tech phone number. I'm in Redding, CA 96001

OK. I am looking up information for that region, and will post again within 1/2 hour (or sooner, if things go well.) Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All of those are far from Redding. I think it's a control board problem. You were very prompt, but could not help me.

They are not all far from Redding. These are in Redding itself:

Michael's Pianos

(###) ###-####/a>*****

Redding, CA 96003 - 9600

and

American Furniture Company (listings say they do digital piano repairs... so I include this on the off change it might be needed and useful)

(###) ###-####/a>

827 Twin View Blvd,

Redding, CA 96003 - 2036

Let me know whether any of these can help, and would do, to help you with this problem with your Yamaha Clavinova digital piano. If they cannot, there are others in California that are listed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

Thanks.