Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

Pedal Assignment dissapears when power turned off and then

Customer Question
back on again JA: What's the...
Pedal Assignment dissapears when power turned off and then back on again
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: CVP 705PE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Different Flash Drives- to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yamaha CVP 705 Clavinova 3 Months
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

There is an internal battery that needs to be replaced. The battery is what keeps the stored information on the keyboard when it's turned off. When the battery dies, there is no memory. You'll need to remove all of the screws from the bottom of the piano, to flip the top of the keyboard up. You'll see a round shiny battery, that's what needs to be replaced. There is a number on the battery, that is how to identify the replacement. You can get a replacement at any electronics store, or drug store.

Be sure to unplug the keyboard and let it sit for 10 minutes before starting to work on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rusty- Perhaps I should explain that only the pedal assignment disappears when the power is turned on again. The Style, set voices and rhythm all work fine. Please consider this information and reply before I start work on the Clavinova.

Hmm, that changes things... How old is it? Did it used to keep the pedal settings?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rusty- The Clavinova is about 3 months old. When the pedal assignment is made on my teacher's CVP 709 Clavinova to "Ending 2" and the Flash Drive is installed in my instrument the assignment works OK. But when I make the Assignment on my instrument it works while ever the power is kept on,BUT disappears when power is turned off and then on again.PLease advse.

Ok, and do you save the assignments before turning the piano off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rusty- The steps I Follow are : Menu-Assignable-Select Right pedal-Select Ending 1,2,or3-Close-Press Memory button and select Memory Registration Button 1To 8, number of the last Registration-Press Registration Bank1 and 2 together-Select the Disk Drive Icon-Select "Save Here"-Press O.K.-Overwrite? YES.This works fine on my Teacher's CVP 709 and on myCVP 705 Until I turn the power OFF and at a later time ON again. PLease advise
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RUSTY--The Steps I Follow are : Menu- Assignable- Select right pedal- Select Ending 1,2, or 3- Close-Press Memory button and select Memory Registration Button 1 to 8,number of the finishing registration-Press Registration Bank 1 and 2 together-Select the Disk Drive Icon-Press "Save Here"-Press O.K.-Overwrite? YES. This works fine on my teacher"s CVP 709 and on my CVP 705 Until I turn the power OFF and at a later time ON again. Please advise. Norm.

I'm not exactly sure why it's acting different than the 709, they use very similar software. I'm going to open this question back up, you will get a full refund if we cannot get this fully resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rusty. Good News . The problem has been solved merely by returning the Clavinova to Factory Settings by holding down the Rightmost piano key. Nobody knows how the problem arose or why. Thank you for your assistance in this Matter.
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional